




Current Loved squished, word embedded trees: the Bible anew. For some reason it has become beautiful in a completely fresh, tangible way. Comforted in many ways.
The Scarlet Letter - Nathanial Hawthorne
Middlemarch - George Eliot
Life is a Vapor - John Piper
All good in their different ways. Though I like The Scarlet Letter least. I'm discovering a vague dislike of Hawthorne in general. His writing style doesn't agree with my brain. Ish.
Adore Middlemarch though. Heh, I've laughed aloud several times. I haven't read something from [that] time period for quite some time.
Also, Life is a Vapor. I'm only a teensy-weensy way into it, but it has already been vastly eye-opening, and supplied me answers to some issues I've been going through. Ah! Wonderful writer--so very clear.
My currently loved music right now is Regina Spektor, Owl City, Company of Thieves (from Hope, hehe), Michael Buble (even though he doesn't match the rest =P--his album Crazy Love is genius :) and some random stuff Emma gave me. Yay pretty music.
The Calculation -Regina Spektor is my absolute, absolute favourite though. And I don't have favourites. Gasp.
Movies (?): Where the Wild things Are. Yes, yes, yes. Definitely expands upon the book (which can hurt a little if you grew up reading it. I did.) but it's so beautifully accomplished it makes you want to hug the theatre screen. Not speaking from experience, or anything.
And Cranford. The BBC television series. Haha, silly so far, but witty too. Yeah, I'm going through a slight 1800's phase.
annnd. I never have much in movies. I don't like movies much. Logical. ^_^
Quotes: I personally can't stand people who are insufferably earnest. -Michael Farris (^_^)
"We're too young to know certain things are impossible, so we will do them anyway. -Actor William Wilberforce in Amazing Grace
"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the LORD, thoughts of good and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. - Jeremiah 29:11
The Scarlet Letter - Nathanial Hawthorne
Middlemarch - George Eliot
Life is a Vapor - John Piper
All good in their different ways. Though I like The Scarlet Letter least. I'm discovering a vague dislike of Hawthorne in general. His writing style doesn't agree with my brain. Ish.
Adore Middlemarch though. Heh, I've laughed aloud several times. I haven't read something from [that] time period for quite some time.
Also, Life is a Vapor. I'm only a teensy-weensy way into it, but it has already been vastly eye-opening, and supplied me answers to some issues I've been going through. Ah! Wonderful writer--so very clear.
My currently loved music right now is Regina Spektor, Owl City, Company of Thieves (from Hope, hehe), Michael Buble (even though he doesn't match the rest =P--his album Crazy Love is genius :) and some random stuff Emma gave me. Yay pretty music.
The Calculation -Regina Spektor is my absolute, absolute favourite though. And I don't have favourites. Gasp.
Movies (?): Where the Wild things Are. Yes, yes, yes. Definitely expands upon the book (which can hurt a little if you grew up reading it. I did.) but it's so beautifully accomplished it makes you want to hug the theatre screen. Not speaking from experience, or anything.
And Cranford. The BBC television series. Haha, silly so far, but witty too. Yeah, I'm going through a slight 1800's phase.
annnd. I never have much in movies. I don't like movies much. Logical. ^_^
Quotes: I personally can't stand people who are insufferably earnest. -Michael Farris (^_^)
"We're too young to know certain things are impossible, so we will do them anyway. -Actor William Wilberforce in Amazing Grace
"For I know the thoughts that I think towards you, says the LORD, thoughts of good and not of evil, to give you a future and a hope. - Jeremiah 29:11
3 comments:
More books I have not read. I really am going to have to read some John Piper, only heard good reviews on his stuff. I like your quotes a lot.
Thanks much, old thing.
Yes. Piper is amazing stuffs.
Post a Comment