I know these tangible things, in and of themselves, don't hold hold ultimate happiness for a human. But there is something about... the smooth fit in a nice pair of dark wash, skinny jeans. I feel confident.
Perfectly toasted sourdough bread, with smooth avocado and cream cheese spread over it. I am satisfied.
My cat positioning herself to lie as close to my body as she possibly can; her downy fur, blown in the breeze, tickling my knees. I feel love.
The way my hair is growing, and how I can pull it back in loose, messy up-dos. I sense progress.
My hand curled 'round a mug releasing the comforting heat from hot coffee mixed with chilled, storm smelling wind.
I want Polaroids of all these tiny, filled-with-feeling snippets of life. When I'm numb and at loss, I can look at them and be reminded: tangibility is important to some degree,or the world and all its fluttering beauty wouldn't be necessary. And it is.
1 comment:
You have just spoken my heart.
:-)
Post a Comment