7.21.2011

Little Faith

The air is swirling round about me; changing between velvety, loud grey and striking, drenching gold. It's natural and beautiful and it takes my breath away, but I can't keep it to myself.

I've tried to open my arms.
My mind recalls the winding roads of Washington melding into Oregon and my memory blurs all the lines save for how the gravel never blended into the sky. My hand warm up against the pressing sunlit windowpane.

I want to stay here forever because the smiles aren't a lie and my searching soul can grow. I'll find answers to all my questions because, here in this perfect space, time slows down just enough in the motion to breathe while my breath is taken away.
There is such a state of being where you can be perfectly content yet brimming with expectation.

All my senses tremble. You keep saying "please don't ever change." and I yearn to wander. This path with all its lines holds more freedom than any open field, unframed field.
Little faith.

2 comments:

Rabbit Hearted Girl said...

I love this. Beautiful. And I can very much relate to this. <3

Lyssa said...

this is perfect.