I write a lot of drafts. Mainly a lot of emotional drip about anything and everything but I don't publish them because your smoldering eyeballs would probably fall out of scorched sockets in abject horror -- A new definition to: "It blinds me." And I was tempted to do the same just now after, really (translate: surprisingly), a quite nice day. I'm inspired, renewed, trembling with anticipation of each new moment. Then I ran across this lovely lady's latest fiery gold-hued thought.
"I love home. I love adventure. I want to live a beautiful, funny, sensory story. My story isn't just my birth. That was only the very beginning. . .I don't want to only inhale and exhale. But collect stories. Feelings. Possess a widening heart. I want to make God smile, and say: she lives, my girl lives with every fiber of her being. . .this is what I wish."
--Gianna Jessen
Okay, so it's still drippy, but gorgeous! I do feel the same way, too. I unashamedly wish to be found beautiful; In all of that words' confusing facets. Being witty, wise, wonderful; In every way. But not because of me. . .because of Who created me. I was not created for my own glory but His. But He glories in beauty; In butterflies and passion and dislikes and textures and crying when its sorrows' time-slot.
And it's okay to be vibrant while wearing grey.
4 comments:
Great quote. My eyes are still in... I think. So in reference to beauty in the eye of the beholder, we want to be beautiful in God's eyes, the one who holds and beholds us.
Chip
I love this whole post, and that last line especially.
Very inspiring, Havi... you make me want to write the way you do.
I've realized why things such as Facebook's "Like" button are useful, besides laziness or haste: Sometimes, there really are no words with which one can respond to certain things, except to say, "I like this."
Havilah, I really Like this.
Post a Comment