9.17.2010

when i wash the dishes.

wonderland in vintage yellow . necklace
The Mustard Seed's Etsy shop.

I've joined the evil addiction that is Etsy browsing. Goodness...so many talented, beauty-loving artists and creators, alike, there. The above is one of my very favourite finds. I've been inspired -- so, instead of spending the amount on a lot of similar [however lovely they may be] items such as this, I'm going to spend some free time sorting through broken jewelry and old [oh, horrors] craft boxes and try my hand at making some new creations of my own!



Also, you know those super oh-so-Vogue feather hair clip-ins that are literally sold everywhere? There are some I've fallen in adoration with -- generally for far more than I'd ever pay for an accessory -- and some, upon viewing, I find myself saying, "I could do better than that." So! I'm going to.

I guess there's something about Autumn that makes me want to create, start anew, try my hand a something new...
...I've begun to dislike seeing things I never use lie around; For instance, a cute dress I bought at Target for cheapy-cheap a year or so ago, wore twice and subsequently wore out. Well, here's to turning it into a decorative pillow case, or something. Something that will encourage me to finish all these brain-falls of creativity will be to post finished products [or fail sagas] on this blog.
Wish me good fortune!

2 comments:

Chxzanadeau said...

Good luck! And post pictures, I'm very intrigued to see your creations. :)

Anessa said...

I wish you good fortune. Actually, I'm rather jealous. I've always craved the artsy creative ideas. But God has yet to bless me with them! I shall live vicariously through you.